SINKDEMIC

During the pandemic we've all found ourselves swimming in, like many, I've had to adjust the way I do business. Design work is tricky if I can't freely navigate through a space. So, I'm using alternative ways of helping clients with virtual design (www.tapglance.com). When working on a project, I like to create a clipboard of creative ideas (think of it as you're own personal Pintrest page with items chosen by me for your review). This approach, rather than sending endless emails with annoying attachments, creates one place where a client can review items for each room, each project, etc. People hire me for my opinions, so I'm not often shy to give them. Want a magazine rack in your bathroom? GROSS. Don't do it! Eat more fiber. How about a classy toilet paper stand? Again, NO. Hide that in a cabinet or hall closet. Vessel sinks? I HATE them. Does it look cool? Absolutely. I also think the Space Shuttle is cool but I don't want to ride in it! My disdain for vessel sinks comes from it's functionality, or lack thereof. Imagine filling a Lands End tote bag with an inch of water then attempting to wash your face or brush your teeth in it. Form and function are important, often disconnected elements in design. Dark floors are gorgeous, for example, but if you've got a shedding dog (or anything at all, for that matter), they are a pain to keep clean. Vessel sinks, with their high side walls are difficult to use. If my opinion doesn't sway you, however, and you still want to nestle with a vessel, then visit www.wayfair.com (the above is item DV-1V031) for great prices! Next question???

Popular Posts