RUB A TUB TUB


Once upon a time I had a numerologist on speed dial. I know. Judge away. I was living in Hollywood at the time and most people I knew had a german car, a favorite plastic surgeon, a therapist and more than likely a reality show. I digress...one client in particular told me I could only work with her on certain days that her numerologist deemed safe. You can't make this sh*t up people! I bring this little story up because I've thought many times in the last several months of calling Glynis to ask her what "2020" means for all of us. It's been a doozy, but I like to believe every dark cloud has a silver lining. With everyone in lockdown, many people have reached out to me to ask everything from where to find great closet organization (my go-to continues to be www.containerstore.com, albeit slightly expensive, but worth the investment) to what to make for dinner (love my instapot!), what color to paint a porch to where to spend money in a bath renovation. Real estate is booming now in certain parts of the country and more and more people are buying (and inheriting) other peoples dated designs. The enormous jacuzzi tub popular in the nineties, for example, is being replaced by stand alone bathtubs (one tip, if concerned about resale down the road, is to always have at least one bathtub). Some companies charge as much as $6,5000 for a stand-alone units, and unless you play with your rubber duckies every night, I'd say spend the money on other items, like a better vanity or higher end faucets and finishes. Because I work with budgets at every level I've used both ends of the spectrum. Chances are if I took you into two different bathrooms you coudn't tell the difference! The tub above cost $550 at Lowes. Even Glynis the number queen would have to agree that's a good number!

Popular Posts