BUZZ OFF

While this winter has been fairly mild (and I ADORE a good winter), I'm looking forward to the warmer days ahead, where we can B&B outside (that's, booze and barbecue). One of the things that bugs me most about summer (pardon the pun) are the annoying mosquitos that seem to fall madly in love with me. I work hard to create fun outdoor spaces and have spent a lot of money on comfortable,  interesting pieces. Call me crazy, but I'd like to enjoy that furniture when I can. Mosquitos, that often arrive as soon as the frost has thawed, prevent me from having any kind of outdoor fun in the summer. Because a bee-catchers suit might be a  tad warm in the summer, I have to look to other alternatives. Tiki torches are tacky and don't work. Scented candles are vile and also don't work. Smash pots, while I love them, also aren't terribly effective for me and my sensitive mosquito-loving skin. On a recent mask-wearing stroll through Lowe's I spotted something called PATIO SHIELD by Thermacell for $9.99 (refills are $19.99 which is a bit odd, but oh well). This lovely little device looks like a bluetooth speaker but has fangs that bite (so to speak). With it's tiny butane cartridge, once you turn on the shield it can repell mosquitos up to 15' for up to four hours. If you camp, hike or just love a backyard barbecue, grab this little wonder and invite your friends over...and don't worry about unwanted pests!

Popular Posts