THE GOOD OLE TIMES

I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted. The world has changed. My life has changed. Your lives have all changed. WOW. Where to begin? Before I get too far off topic, I'm staring out my window into my backyard at a beautiful line of forsythia that is just starting to bloom. A blog post I shared years ago talked about FORCING, which I did a month ago (cut a piece of just about anything outdoors before it blooms, bring it inside and plop it in something with water, and THERE YA GO). Anyway, the vivacious yellow, like a fried-out blonde woman in Florida, made me think of this awesome vintage storage piece created by GE in the 30's. My friend, Mackenzie, turned it onto me last year and it's become my latest obsession. I love the grey and yellow colors but the hunt to find reasonably priced versions has proven a harder task than I'd originally thought. ANYWAY, a few months ago I moved out of my home I created with my (now ex), Joe, and into a 1960's ranch a few miles away. To make it feel fresh and new, I decided to head right back to the 1960's and decorate the entire thing (well, mostly) with all things from the era of flamboyance and fun. From shag rugs to fiesta ware, I've tried to stay true to the color and festive fun from the period. More on that and other life changes later. In the meantime, what have you been doing during the quarantine? I've been cooking up a storm, re-arranging and organizing and trying to keep a positive attitude during this tsunami of uncertainty. As life and routine screeched to a halt, I decided it was important to map out fun moments. I have a taco tuesday. Sunday Funday means I cook something that's way out of my comfort zone. I've organized (and re-organized) closets, created piles for charity and I've journaled. I'm in the middle of designing a new website and will freshen up this blog over the next few weeks. SO, while this post is long-overdue and filled with few tips, stay tuned. Don't give up on me. I'll be back! Oh, and if you find (or have) any of this cool GE Refriegator ware, will you let me know?

Popular Posts