A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

You know it's an interesting time in our history when you wake up (or at least I do) and have to think long and hard about what day it is. As we look forward to getting back to our new-normal, instead of diving into a deep, dark hole, it's important to stay energized and focussed. To that end, I'll beep my own horn for a second as I design a new website that should launch soon. I've changed the look of my blog (hope you noticed) and plan on adding content more regularly, I'm designing a new basement play/rec room to include games, workout area, tv area and zen yoga area. In short, I'm keeping my brain and creative juices flowing while work has dried up (or is on hold). One thing I've done lately is to replace all of the lights in my home with smart lights. Maybe you know about this already, but I've been too cheap to upgrade until I realized they are on average about as much as the vintage bulbs I love. SO, here's the deal...Home Depot sells many brands of "smart wifi lights," I chose the Philips brand for an average of $11/each. On my smartphone I downloaded the WIZ app for free. In the app you quickly set up your lightbulbs (after inserting them in the lamps of choice). Simple directions help you name each room, explain how to dim, etc. Why is this cool? If you forget to leave a light on simply log onto the app and turn your lights on from anywhere. Do you have siri or Alexa? You can speak to them and say things like, "TURN ON LIVING ROOM LIGHTS AND DIM TO  50 PERCENT." Great for second homes, great for senior citizens and just great overall! So in this dark time, remember there's a light at the end of the hallway! And, no, that isn't my home above, it's an incredibly cool hotel I visited in Kansas City, MO last October. It's called 21C (for 21st Century Art) because the first two floors are a modern museum. VERY COOL!

Popular Posts