UPDATE TO THE TEASE


Thank you for the emails and great suggestions about what to do with this new project. I guess I should have elaborated a tad. I thought the challenge of taking a boring ranch house and making it better on a tight budget would be a fun test. So, here we are. One item I hated most on this house was the white plastic siding, so that went before my car cooled down on day one. The other thing that bothered me was the symmetry (or lack thereof) in this particular layout. One had to cross the front of the house to reach the front door (in the bottom photo that's on the upper right next to the small ladder). That lead into a fairly large entry for a ranch home. SO, solution one (in my opinion) was to bring symmetry to the layout by centering the front door. Turning the former entry into a bedroom/office and creating an open entry in what was an odd pass-through room from the entry to the kitchen. Still with me? To save money on the budget we are re-using the original windows and front door. STAY TUNED.

Popular Posts