UP AND DOWN VS SIDE TO SIDE

Clearly I'm showing my age in this post as I couldn't figure out how to insert the symbols for my post title. Humm. I digress and shall make this one short. SO, this once tacky basement bath got a makeover when I tossed the ugly in a yahtzee box (if you're under 30 you'll need to google that one), told the homeowners to trust me and went out to find a cool refresh for this tired space. One little element I added that created a huge impact was taking a typically-horizontal designed glass tile and placed them on the entire wall behind the vanity and shower vertically. I know, mind blowing! Actually, not, but something most people wouldn't do. Most would place a 4-6" backsplash only behind the vanity. I think that looks like Spiderman clinging to a sky-scraper. In a small space it's ok to go BOLD. So, I did. The entire wall (8'wide by 7'high) cost $220 in materials.

Popular Posts