THROW BACK BLOG DAY

This was one of my first blogs a little over ten years ago starring my favorite little girl and best friend, Canyon. While I miss her terribly every day, pictures like this bring a smile to my face and take me right back to that day, that project, and that sneaky little girl who inserted herself in every thing we did. And we wouldn't have had it any other way. That day, in Pasadena, California, we attacked the project of cleaning up our rose garden (one of Canyons favorite spots in our yard). When Joe told me to grab a stack of newspapers I thought he was nuts..but then made total sense to me. We laid the newspapers around the rose bushes and began the process of pruning the bushes, dropping all clippings on the newspapers. The newspapers prevent weeds from growing and eventually compost with the clippings adding to the food that gives the roses life. Oh, and for at least a moment, the papers provided Ms. Thing with a comfy place to plop down and enjoy smelling the roses.

Popular Posts