BAR FLIES

I love collecting anything and everything bar related, especially vintage cocktail shakers, glasses and tools, because no matter what part of a home you're focused on, why should it be boring? I'm currently designing a unique bar for a clients entertaining room, so will report back with photos once I'm finished.  It's not my first, as I've designed a tiny bar out of a flight attendants cart for a Manhattan apartment, I've built a bar out of a Volkswagen bug hood, I've created a feature wall in a bar made of the bottoms of wine bottles...while I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, I hope to make it more interesting each time. One of my go-to places for bar essentials is good ole Amazon, where I find rubber bar mats of various sizes, always a good place to start any bar. Recently, I got frustrated by the grime and grit left behind from soap dispensers next to a kitchen sink, so grabbed one of the rubber bar mats to place underneath. Not only does it create nice non-slippery zone for kitchen sink items, it's easy to clean up!

Popular Posts