A WINDOW INTO DESIGN



If I had a dollar for every post I've written about repurposing a piece of furniture I'd be on a beach now sipping something fabulous! While I love so many different aspects of interior design; from designing a house from the ground up to the actual emotional investment of watching someone fall in love with their space, I'd have to say one of my favorite things is to....get ready for it...REPURPOSE a piece for a client. Two weeks before Christmas someone approached me and asked if me and my team could design and build a half bath in her early 1800's home. The challenge: she wanted it finished before Christmas (we had just under two weeks) and for less than $5,000.00. Not to give away the punch line, but we did it with several days and a few dollars to spare. The job started with me roaming through a cool old barn in Connecticut searching for windows, and I grabbed three to use in totally different ways, the first of which I'll share today. Because the bathroom was carved out of a corner in a large room we needed to bring as much light into it as possible, so I thought a transom window would both maintain the integrity of the period AND bring light into the small space. The  cost of the window: $60.00 and was taken out of an old barn. What's not to like about that? How did I repurpose the other two? Check back soon to see!

Popular Posts