ON THE HOOK

Clearly I hit a brick wall with my blogging, so I apologize for my absence, but during my hiatus I've been gathering fun tips and ideas to share. Several of the homes I've worked in lately have brick interior walls, which can often be a challenge to design around. In one home in particular, to make brick walls (behind a fireplace and in a dining room) feel more modern and clean, I painted them in high gloss white. In a dining room, with 10' high walls by 20' wide, I was faced with the question of how to hang artwork on the brick without drilling into it. Combing the aisles of our local hardware store, I found "brick clips" (pack of four for $4.99). The clips attach securely to bricks and, if tight enough, can hold heavier items like artwork or other decorative items. With the holidays approaching, clips can also be used for hanging garland or stockings above a fireplace.

Popular Posts