ON THE MARK

A few weeks ago I popped into Target to grab a few essentials and before I reached the carts pivoted on my sneakers and headed right back out. The place was as packed as a Taylor Swift concert, jammed full with teenagers wearing inappropriate clothes, screeching like wild animals and oblivious to their surroundings while engaged in intimate affairs with their cellphones. To say I'm happy they're back in school is an understatement of grand proportions! Last evening I roamed the aisles of my favorite store in peace and quiet, grabbing a few things for home while shopping for clients...I've always loved the selection of lamps at Target, kitchen items are also of higher quality at great prices, bedding and bath items often compete with higher end retail stores. I noticed a new section that said "coming soon" and didn't pay any attention until I got home and flipped through my current Architectural Digest and found an advertisement for the new line at Target called "Project 62." Project 62 refers to the boom of mid-century design in 1962 and is the name of the new line Target will introduce online September 16th and in stores September 19th. The tease is already on www.target.com where everything from dining room tables, side chairs, bookshelves and lamps to dishes and sheets will be offered.  I'm always exciting to find cool things for good deals, so look forward to the launch of this line. In the meantime, I'm off to a junk store to see if I can find something to repurpose. STAY TUNED!

Popular Posts