A (WORKING) LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL


I've said this before and I'm saying it again, sometimes I feel like the town hooker because I've been in just about every house this summer and seen JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. One lovely couple asked me to update a few rooms in their sixties ranch and make them more authentic to the period, so I dove right in and did everything from shag rugs to an orange sofa, lava lamps to bean bags. When it came to lighting, my clients desperately wanted a starburst chandelier for above a game table, but they didn't want to pay a lot for it. A little digging goes a long way, as these photos show. While walking through Lowe's for another client I was pleasantly surprised at the quality (and price) of both indoor and outdoor lighting options. The second, gold chandelier in this post is from Design Within Reach and costs $3,400. The top, very similar light, is only $199 at Lowes! Not your taste? If you're hunting for lights, head to Lowe's first, they might just be the solution for your bright idea.

Popular Posts