Tuesday, March 1, 2016
1.) WEAR A MASK (I'm still suffering from a deep, somewhat severe cough because I did not and was exposed to mold spores...I know better but wanted to get it out ASAP. Don't make the mistake I made!
2.) I removed the wallpaper completely then in a spray bottle combined water and bleach, sprayed the wall and walked away. Do NOT rinse the surface as the water/bleach combo will kill the surface mold.
3.) IF THE MOLD HAS MOVED INTO DRYWALL you MUST remove it and replace soiled insulation.
4.) Bringing a dehumidifier into the space will help dry it out if you live in a winter climate like we do and can't open the windows and doors.
While our mothers taught us to be polite to guests no matter how long they lingered, at the first site of mold KICK IT OUT! For more information on mold, symptoms, and solutions visit www.blackmold.awardspace.com. I promise we will get back to prettier things tomorrow!