TODAY'S TIP JAR


This weekend I heard an interesting quote from a fashion designer who was describing over-dressing a photo shoot; "WHEN YOU SEE TOO MUCH YOU SEE NOTHING." Art-directing a crowded space takes the focus off of the main event. I found the quote fascinating because it's exactly what I tell home owners when preparing their place for the market...less is more. The home I worked in above was beautiful and didn't need much, but I told the homeowner when you walked in it was hard NOT to focus on the dark pink paint colors. To tone down the space, open it up and help potential buyers SEE IT, I lightened up the walls, edited the bookshelves at the far end and pulled the furniture further away from the windows to open everything up. EDIT EDIT EDIT is the way to SELL SELL SELL!!

Popular Posts