T.G.I.F.



Yes, it's Friday, but today TGIF stands for a little tip I'd like to pass on to anyone planning on listing their house in today's competitive real estate market..Take Good Images Folks (TGIF)! While I am planning on publishing a book of beautiful restrooms I've seen around the world, the images above will not be included in it.  No, my friends, these lovely shots were found on a popular real estate website I was browsing today while searching for a weekend home for clients.  Here's the thing, unless your bathroom is remarkable in some way (and purchasing a $10 shower curtain and Target doesn't constitute "remarkable") DON'T PHOTOGRAPH IT!  These images also tell me we clearly have a problem in America that needs addressing immediately..CLOSE YOUR TOILETS PEOPLE!  Are you in such a rush when you go that you need it prepped and ready for you at all times? WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THAT!  Okay, now that I've gotten that off of my chest, I wanted to reach out to the person who took the last photo with the description, "tranquil backyard retreat." Tranquil? Retreat?  I guess if you've been living in an igloo for the last twenty years, maybe, but otherwise was it really that difficult to clean the space up a bit before snapping the shot?  In the click/swipe/like world we live in today, photos are often the first and only impression potential buyers will focus on.  My work as a production designer on television shows has come in handy when staging a home, because I'm literally setting the stage and tweaking a space to look good both on camera and in person.  Even if you don't have the money to hire a professional to stage your home, take the time to get it camera ready.  And if you must photograph your bathroom because you think it's the most wonderful room in your house, CLOSE YOUR TOILET SEATS!

Popular Posts