MULTIPLE PERSONALITY ORDER



I'm a Gemini and often accused of having dueling personalities, and hey, what's wrong with that, I say?  Two creative, energetic minds are better than one, aren't they?  It's cold, snowy, muddy and downright disgusting outside (but part of me loves it) and the forecast doesn't show much relief, so I continue to organize and sort things inside before the thaw of winter begins.  As I've mentioned on countless occasions, I love to breath new life into rather ordinary items, depending on what kind of mood I'm in that day.  Above are just a few ways this multi-tasking make-it-happener takes the ordinary and makes them extraordinary (well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but these tips do come in handy).  Have I mentioned how messy this winter has been?  I think I've spent more money on boot trays for our mud room than I've spent on clothing, but that's no surprise.  The salt, mud and snow from outdoors makes its messy way inside, and while the boots land on fancy trays, the life span of those trays tends to be only a few weeks.  Because we have about fifty baking trays, I decided to start using a few for messy boots.  Not only do they clean easily, they're also the perfect size for slipping into a shelf unit purchased at Ikea (fear not if you're heading to our home for dinner, I won't put these back in the cupboard once spring rolls around).  On any given day, I put no fewer than 100 miles on my car driving between job sites, so having an in-car emergency kit with things like blankets, flashlights, etc. in important.  In the winter months, a nice cooler makes the perfect dry storage compartment for these necessities.  And finally, roaming the aisles of True Value in November I found bike baskets on markdown for $.50/each.  Because they are flat on one side, I thought they would be perfect for hanging on a wall in a laundry room, mudroom, garage, etc. To keep all of the personalities happy in our home, using these simple tips has made our lives much, much more calm, organized and clean!

Popular Posts