YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE

Wow, it's been one heckuvah month of doing everything from dining to designing, so much in fact, that I haven't had a second to share any of it with you.  But, I'm back and just like the kiddos at school, it's time for a little show and tell.  Managing several moves, designing a few houses and staging four in the last two weeks, I've got several things on my mind…Uhaul is a total rip off, POD's are convenient but expensive for what they are, storage facilities prices are as varied as airline tickets and moving boxes are stupid…but I'll get into all of that later.  One element I like to incorporate in all of my designs is the ease at which one moves through the space.  If staging or designing a permanent home, furniture placement is as important as the furniture itself, and creating traffic patterns that make sense is key to thoughtful design.  For example, while platform beds might look sleek and modern, many have exaggerated edges..guess what that means? When nature calls at 3am and you bash your shin, you won't care that the room looks modern and lovely as you grab your aching leg!  Lighting is also essential, and something I've used time and time again are the Stanley wireless remote systems (usually pop up at places like Bed Bath & Beyond around the holidays for Christmas lights).  Realtors I work with appreciate walking into a home and turning everything on with the touch of a button.  Sure, many companies offer smart link home systems, which are great, but just like the overpriced Uhaul, those cost much more than the $19.99 I spent for a great little feature.  At the end of a long day it's nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Popular Posts