DON'T SCREAM, IT'S HEALTHY ICE CREAM!

I just returned from a great weekend in the beautiful state of Vermont, enjoying the fresh air, gorgeous surroundings and the official kick off to the summer season on Saturday.  While, for me, sunburns and humidity are synonymous with summer, I also fantasize about eating delicious ice cream while watching the sunset.  The only problem, as I get older I certainly do scream for ice cream when I look at the calorie count on the back of the container, but scream no more!  As I rolled into our driveway yesterday and out of my fabulous weekend excursion, Joe whipped up an incredible dessert in less than five minutes.  Peach and Strawberry ice cream.  And, no, you don't need an ice cream machine to do it. Joe made this lip licking, delicious treat in the Cuisinart, so stop screaming and start enjoying every minute of summer!
WE ALL SCREAM FOR DELICIOUS ICE CREAM:
As mentioned, Joe made this in our Cuisinart.  Here's what he used:
Two packages of frozen Peaches..no sugar added… (called for a pound and a half, so he only used half of second bag). Second batch was Strawberry, so he used an additional for that.
One small can of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
pinch of salt.
Blend peaches one small bit at a time in blender.  Add condensed milk, pinch of salt and vanilla extract.  Blend for several seconds until, well, BLENDED. Take a taste then place in container and put in freezer.  Remove ten minutes before serving for the most delicious treat to help make your summer super neat!

Popular Posts