CINCO MARGARITAS

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!  In Los Angeles this day is just about as festive as the fourth of July, only today adds margaritas and fresh guacamole to the celebration!  While we use this day as an excuse to over-indulge on tequila, it is actually a national holiday in Mexico, celebrating the military victory in 1862 over the French forces of Napolean III.  What better way to celebrate then by throwing back uno…or dos…muy deliciosa margaritas!
THE BEST MARGARITA (s) YOU'LL EVER HAVE (maybe)
I detest margaritas at places like Friday's and Applebees (and, yes, I do eat at these establishments from time to time). The rotten mix (usually made with more orange juice than anything else) tastes musty and gross.  Here are three versions I love and make at home on hot, summer weekend days..and on Cinco De Mayo:
1.) We love clear tequila (seems to help with the following days recovery) and sometimes I'll just add a splash of SIMPLY LIME juice bought at the grocery store.
2.) If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, pick up some fresh limes (a bit hard to find these days with the shortage) and agave syrup.  In a cocktail shaker I mix tequila, a few squirts of agave and fresh lime juice with ice.  Shake until you can't shake any more and enjoy.
3.) On really hot summer days I love grabbing the Bacardi frozen mix in the freezer section of the grocery store.  I toss that in a blender and add one can of tequila.  While I don't usually love frozen margaritas, this is one for the books!

Popular Posts