HOT MAMMA

I have been heavy lifting lately with an abundance of design work (hence the light load in the blog department) and finally caught up with my equally-busy mother for a much needed chat.  Many of the little tricks of my trade I've learned from her (and shared with you here) and today is one of those "wise Wednesday's" where I will share one more cool thing she's passed along to me.  While I've been crazy setting up peoples homes for the last month my mother has been busy entertaining people in hers.   I'm always excited to hear what she serves, what the table looks like, and what drinks my dad has mixed while everyone relaxes around the pool.  To be a guest in my mothers home is like being pampered in a five star resort…no detail is overlooked, everything is wonderful, and (depending on the other invited guests) a good time is always had.  This past weekend found my aunt Betsy and her fiancé, Bill, enjoying a little sun and a lot of fun in the California desert.  While we were freezing our wazoos off on the east coast, my mom was cooking up some hot, delicious goodies for her guests in the west.  So today as the mercury flirts with 60 on the east coast (in LA people would break out the fur coats and call in sick) while I do a little sun dance and pray for warmer temperatures, I'm gonna heat things up a bit in the kitchen thanks to my mamma and this awesome recipe!
DESERT HEAT:
When I lived in LA I used to eat at a Mexican restaurant called El Coyote with my friend Laine no fewer than three times a week.  One of our favorite things to order (other than margaritas, of course) were the jalapeño poppers.  The jalapeño recipe my mom just gave me, however, will make you wanna pop yo friend in the face!  Yes, they are just that good!  Here's what you need:
1/2 cup cream cheese
jalapeño peppers, seeded (some split the side but better to just cut the tips)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (mom added yogurt and not cheese…I'm still trying to gain as much winter weight as possible so substituted cheese and it was GOOD)
bacon
Here's what you do:
Preheat your oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl until totally mixed
Fill each jalapeño about 1/3 full with mixture
wrap with bacon
place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
prepare to scream with joy

Popular Posts