SAVOR THE MOMENT

I'm about to admit something and I would rather not be judged for this tiny misstep in life!  Ready?  I love store-bought onion dip and nacho cheese in a jar!  There, phew, I said it!  Coming clean to my gourmet cook husband, however, was not as easy.  Sure, there were several eye rolls and giggles, but before I met him, I explained, I used my refrigerator to store water and batteries.  I rarely cooked, and spent the better part of my salary on eating out with friends.  Reading a cookbook or flipping through the pages of a gourmet food magazine were as foreign to me as Swahili, as the only recipes I read were printed on the back of cans and boxes.  Of course from time to time I would attempt my moms favorite recipe or whip up an egg white omelet, but cooking was as tedious a process as cutting my own hair or waxing my car…why bother?  After meeting Joe, however, I quickly learned how easy, healthy and relatively inexpensive it is to cook at home.  And, dare I say, I've kinda fallen in love with the process (and the cook, of course!).  While I still savor my trashy twist off-delights, I love when we make something so good you want to slap yo mamma…and share it with everyone!
SAVORY DELIGHTS FROM SAVEUR MAGAZINE:
This weekend we entrained a few of our dear friends…all are fantastic cooks, so Joe went out of his way to prepare a delicious meal of Boeuf Bourguignon (from Cooks Illustrated), gourmet mashed potatoes,  and baby brussel sprouts.  I prepared a simple dip from Saveur magazine called Lemon Parmesan Dip.  It's as easy as opening a bottle, but so much better!
LEMON PARMESAN DIP DELIGHT:
Stir all of the following in a bowl and enjoy with crackers or veggies:
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic (mashed into a paste)
zest of one lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Popular Posts