I DON'T REALLY GIVE A DIP!

Sure, I was born in Seattle, but I care as much about the Superbowl as I do about politics in Estonia..not much, I hate to say!  I do love getting out my cool bowls, though, for any event, so if you're having a Superbowl party this weekend, please, I beg of you, serve something other than microwaved cheese and onion dip!  While I might not be paying much attention to the game this weekend,  I'll be huddled around a super bowl filled with an amazing snack!  So, get your game plan together, head out to the grocery store and grab a few goodies so you can score big on Sunday!

SUPER BOWLS:
Fill you sassy serving bowls with something delicious this Sunday and knock the socks off of your guests.  We love serving this Sun-Dried tomato dip with veggies, crackers or chips..

1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
10 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 scallions thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper in food processor.  Add scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.

From The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten..and who says rivals can't play nice, Martha Stewart provides the forward in this classic cookbook!

Popular Posts