TAKE PEPPERMINT PATTY'S ADVICE

What on earth does the photo above have to do with peppermint patty, you might ask?  Well, MONDAY is my answer..doesn't it feel like by the time you've recharged your batteries from the work week it's time to get right back on the treadmill of life again??  For whatever reason I can't upload the photo I have of a lovely vile of peppermint oil nor can I seem to bring the cute image of Charlie Brown's buddy, Peppermint Patty, to my blog this morning. THANKS MONDAY! So, you have an image of a great room instead.  And a great room it is indeed!  The second Joe and I walked into this room a few years ago I stopped in my tracks (after Joe mentioned how much he hated the pool table in the middle of the room) and I thought to myself, "wouldn't this be a cool place for my vintage Scotty trailer to live forever, right next to the pool table in our future game room?"  Well, a few years later we are no closer to doing anything in that room whatsoever, but one can dream, right?  Still a little confused about the peppermint tie-in?  Yep, folks, this is how my mind works.  So, in the northeast this past weekend we were finally visited by an old friend...many can't stand him, but I happen to adore him. FALL.  With the arrival of fall also means the drastic drop in temperatures, and while we nestle in next to our fireplaces sipping hot tea, nasty little critters outside try to work their way in.  Unfortunately many of those critters find my fun little trailer as inviting as I do, but the last thing I want to see is their nasty poo!  To keep the mice at bay I learned an incredible trick the other day...dip cotton balls in peppermint oil with abound to keep those uninvited guests from hanging around!
ONE, TWO AND YOUR FREE!
Peppermint oil can be found at most health food stores and grocery stores like Whole Foods or on Amazon.  I paid $6 for a small jar and the  cotton balls sucked it right up.  What I soon discovered, however, is that it doesn't take a lot to cover a small space.  To keep mice out of the little nooks and cranny's of your space, dip cotton balls in the oil and drop them in areas that might see little ones sneaking in.  Believe it or not, as much as you might like the fresh scent rodents to NOT.  And it's a humane way to keep them away!

Popular Posts