CARPET DIEM

There's no turning back now, folks, the holidays are upon us and you know what that means...people, traffic, crying babies, ornery shoppers, trash everywhere..and I'm just talking about your living room!  I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm always amazed at people who cover their furniture in plastic or insist guests remove shoes before entering, but love to entertain.  Now, don't get me wrong, Joe and I make a habit of removing our shoes when we walk in our front door..we do, after all, work in MANHATTAN and I don't need to tell you what I've seen on the streets there.  But, if you live in constant fear of spilling or disrupting any part of your home, then KNOCK KNOCK, don't have people over!  I'll never forget a New Year's eve party I attended in the Hollywood hills years ago.  I walked in with a few friends to a house filled with no less than two hundred people...and shoes piled at the front door with signs everywhere asking for guests to remove before entering.  Guess what I did? Turned around and walked right out.  The next day I heard about the chaos of people looking for shoes, the right pair, etc. and don't get me started on the stink in that foyer!  I've found many solutions for the fearful..sunbrella fabric on indoor furniture, using outdoor throw pillows inside, inexpensive slip covers for parties and one of my favorites are carpet tiles by FLOR.  They can get a tad pricey, but at 20" squares, you can cover a lot of ground without spending a mountain of money.  The best part..they peel right up for cleaning, so take a deep breath and seize the holiday!
GET FLOR'd:
Prices on FLOR tiles range from $8/square to you don't want to know what, but average out at about $15/each and come in 20" squares.  You can alternate the patterns, wash most off with a hose and never live in fear again about ruining your precious clean carpets. www.flor.com

Popular Posts