KARMAgeddon

I'm sitting here trying to come up with something light and lovely to chat about as the morning news buzzes in the background, and I'm finding it a tad difficult to go on about fluffy, pink, lovely smelling things when sometimes the world is just, well, a little shitty!  While I don't believe in much of anything (sorry folks), I want to believe people are born with innate goodness and are on a constant journey to express it.  On one of my recent journeys from Los Angeles to New York, however, I sat across from a woman who lost her innate goodness, I believe, on the last island she visited (she left her feet on the headrest of the seat in front of her even after a flight attendant graciously asked her not to..she, of course, was a self-important actress, but I'll leave it right there and move on..). I guess that's why I love doing what I do so much.  While a lot of what I do involves stressed out people moving, renovating or spending hard-earned money on home goods, at the end of the day I'm happy to walk into their private sanctuaries and transform them into more comfortable abodes.  This week I've walked into the inner sanctuary of a lovely gentleman's private hell..he has three days to move twenty years of memories, life, work, blood, sweat and more than a few tears.  This kind, soul, however, has instructed me to donate as many items as I possibly can to local charities.  In the haste of his day, you see, instead of putting his stinky feet where someone else rests their head, he's donating thousands of dollars worth of furniture so those less fortunate can rest their tired soles somewhere at the end of the day.  And that, I believe, is what it's all about...at least on this Wednesday it is!
IF YOU CAN'T, DO!
You've most likely heard the saying as many times as I've talked about it here...moving and divorce are two of the most stressful things a person can do.  If you're planning on moving take a look around your place and if you don't need everything, google local charities, women's shelters, churches, etc and give those items that are stressing you out the most to people who need them more!  Believe me, it will come back to you tenfold!
And, by the way, that annoying actress who thought the world (and entire airplane) revolved around her?  Well, the show was cancelled shortly after we touched down in New York.  Yup, she was a bitch, and so is karma!

Popular Posts