GROW SOME BALS (amic Vinaigrette, that is)

Ever have one of those days where you just keep running into a**holes?  Well, I live in New York so one would think that happens more often than not, but that isn't usually the case.  Today, however, something must've been in the steamy summer air because EVERYWHERE I went I was confronted by some jerk.  What better way to get back at a wretched day than to relax at the end of it with a wonderful, healthy meal.  I love homemade salad dressings, as I've blogged about before, and this one is no different.  I like to make up a batch and store it in mason jars so I can use it all week.  It's simple, delicious and helps melt away the haste of a nasty day.
BALMY SUMMER BALSAMIC:
This is so easy to make and much, much more healthy than store bought alternatives.  The key to any good pantry is to have staples on hand you can use over and over for many different cooking applications.  So, grab those and here goes:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sherry, red or white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (I do both salt and pepper to taste, actually)
2/3 cup olive oil
Whisk the above ingredients together (think about the jerks from the day as you whip that whisk) then pour on your salad and enjoy!  Tomorrow is a new day!!

Popular Posts