AND JUST LIKE THAT, IT'S MONDAY AGAIN!

What a week it was last week, huh?  But just like everything in life, we chug right along to the next thing.  If you're like me, you were glued to your TV and radio following the dramas in our nation as they unfolded in Boston and West, Texas.  Quite honestly, I just didn't feel like blogging about design tips and culinary bits while I thought about the people's lives that were changed last week.  But, again, it's time to roll on ahead, so with a new week comes new challenges.  Spring is here, folks!  As the flowers bloom and trees return to their glorious shades of green (and I sneeze and cackle away), spring cleaning is on the brain of many.  If you live in cold climates where winter was long, dark and snowy it's almost time to throw open your windows and let your house breath some fresh air.  It's still a chilly 45 degrees in my hood today, so that might be put off for a few more days.  Standing at the sink brushing my teeth this morning I did notice nasty build up on our bathroom tile floors and walls.  I get this question a lot, so today I'm going to share a little secret.
DON'T POUT...CLEAN YOUR GROUT!
Sometimes when I've walked into filthy homes I've been tempted to re-grout dirty bathrooms to make them shine, but you don't have to go to all that hassle.  I use Baking soda.  Because it cleans without scratching tile, Baking soda is the perfect solution for dirt and grime.  Here's the trick; it loses its abrasive properties quickly when mixed with water, so I wet the surface I'm cleaning (in this case the filthy grout on our bathroom tile) then apply the powder in small areas and brush into a lather.  In no time at all the shine is back and so is the spring in my step, because I love being clean!!

Popular Posts