CALIFORNIA DREAMIN

Wind, snow and delayed flights couldn't keep me away, so as I wake up on the sunny, warm west coast today I figured I'd soak up some of that desperately needed vitamin D while I sip my morning cup of Joe.  Speaking of Joe, one of the first things I noticed when walking into my parents kitchen was a gift he sent them from the aisles of our local grocery store in upstate New York..California Olive Oil.  We love this and use it for absolutely everything from cooking eggs in the morning to sprinkling it on our salads at night...one thing I love to do is grab a loaf of bread from the bakery, heat it up and in a small bowl pour a bit of this delicious olive oil, add a minced clove of garlic, salt and pepper and enjoy a little dip in California greatness!
GREASE IT UP!
We usually pay anywhere from $10-20+ for this olive oil depending on size and level of snoot at the grocery store.  Sprinkling it on eggs is fantastic, adding it to the pan before cooking is delicious, including it alone as salad dressing (with a dash of salt, pepper and maybe a squeeze of lemon for umph).  Whatever you do, do as the Californians do and just enjoy it!

Popular Posts