WHAT'S IN YOUR CABINET?

For the last several months I have been working with a client to spruce up her cookie cutter home and take it from blah to ahhhhh.  Like many new construction homes, this one is filled with white walls, high ceilings, bland finishes and less character and interest than the Kardashian and Honey Boo Boo families combined.  I stand by my favorite tip that painting a room, or at least one wall in a room, is the least expensive way to make a dramatic change, and today's little hint is no different.  With a bit of left over wallpaper from a staging job, I brought life to a kitchen cabinet by adding it to the back wall (I've mentioned this removable wallpaper several times in the past, purchased for $45 a roll at Amazon.com or www.urbanoutfitters.com, which goes on easy and stays until you want it removed, leaving no marks or mess behind).  I've now moved into the great room where I purchased a standard bookcase at Ikea for $100, placed it on top of an antique dresser I found at an Antique store (after painting both pieces in a high gloss white) and added a little splash of color by painting the wall behind the bookcase.  Tune in later this week for the finished room and more easy, inexpensive tips!

Popular Posts