THE PAINTED HUTCH


If I had a dollar for every time I've suggested transforming a room with paint, well, I wouldn't be sitting here freezing my tush off writing tips..I'd be basking in the sun on a lovely beach somewhere!  That same rule...slapping paint anywhere...applies to furniture, too!  Now, let me rephrase that.  I have seen a few terrifying examples of painted furniture, so my rule of thumb when painting a piece is to only use one color!!!  Multi-colored pieces either look like the set of the 80's sitcom "Punky Brewster" or something out of a nightmare!  Less is more, people, but taking a garage sale find or otherwise antique blah piece and sprucing it up, can make a room shine like no other in your home.  In these examples pieces that had seen the true test of time needed a little help, so applying a coat of paint added drama to both the pieces and the room.  Try it, you might just be tickled pink by the results!

Popular Posts