THE CHIC BAG LADY

Another week, another storm, another power outage.  Who can keep track anymore, really?  One good thing about losing power, believe it or not, is the total shutdown of any ADD-inducing, anti social, relationship-destroying electronic devices.  Remember the days before the techno take-over when the only people with pagers were doctors and drug dealers, and at least they LEFT the dinner table to deal with business?  Listen, don't get me wrong, I'm just as guilty as the idiot sitting next to me on the plane who refuses to power down their i-whatever when the air hostess says to, but come on, have we all just turned into a society of disengaged a-holes?  Yeah, I've had time to think about a lot of things...and obsess over whether or not it's worth it to pay $400 for a smaller version of something I already have.  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah, so this unwelcome loss of power allowed me to catch up on newspapers and magazines that had fallen second fiddle to my latest app download. I think I just found my favorite holiday hostess gift..wine in a box-bag!  The same brilliant Swedes that brought us the house in the box (Ikea) and ridiculously good looking blonde people, have done it once again.  You no longer need to blush when buying your box of Rose' with these cleverly designed wine boxes disguised as trendy handbags.  Available for around $20 (for 1.5 liter bag), these stylish booze bags come in white, red and rose'! Drink up, the holidays are upon us!

Popular Posts