MORE DINING LESS DESIGNING


As I stare a book deadline in the eye, I've put design work on hold this week while I focus on writing.  True to my form, I've spent the better part of the week redecorating several rooms in our house, organizing the holiday dish closet, alphabetizing the Christmas decoration boxes (yes..don't ask), researching host gifts for holiday parties and testing various recipes for simple, quick dinners.  Needless to say, I'll be cramming for this deadline just like I did in college, but for now, my tummy is happy!  In honor of my dear friend Lora who celebrates a birthday this week, I decided to cook one of her favorites.  She calls it King Ranch Chicken, I call it Lora's Tennessee Chicken...and just like the steamy, lovely south, it's ummmmm ummmmm good!!
IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE SOMETHING YOU'D TOSS, BUT DON'T...
This is meant to be an incredibly simple but delicious meal for you and the kids.  So, here's what you'll need: 4 Chicken breasts, 2 cans Rotelle Diced Tomatoes with green chilli's, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup, tortillas and cheese.  Then, get going..
1.) Mix the "wet" ingredients in a bowl and shred your cheese of choice.  Set aside
2.) Cook chicken as you normally would
3.) In an oven-safe casserole dish shred tortillas and place as the base layer.  Add cheese, wet mixture then chicken and repeat layers, topping off with cheese.
4.) Place in an oven at 350 for 30-45 minutes until it bubbles.  Let cool and serve hot.  YUMMY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORA...THANKS FOR THIS AND MANY, MANY MORE FABULOUS THINGS YOU'VE GIVEN ME OVER THE YEARS...

Popular Posts