PAUL'S BOOK CLUB

Oprah has one, so why the heck shouldn't I?  A funny thing happened on the way to New Jersey today (humm, that sounds like an interesting title for a book...), when I got an email from someone saying, "hey, I pre-ordered your book on Amazon today!!"  As I bounced and jiggled my way south to shop for furniture with a client, I had to take a moment to smile about another exciting project I have on the horizon.  While many high-brow designers have published books about their over-priced, snooty designs, this designer is coming out with a more down-to-earth book about a brand of very cool, vintage travel trailers.  Last year I fell in love when I found my retro-chic trailer, a bit bruised and battered, resting in a field in rural Pennsylvania.  A few hundred bucks and a two hour drive later, my new office rolled into our driveway ready for its next big adventure.  Little did I know where my restoration trip would take me and the wonderful people I'd meet along the way.  Kathie Lee Gifford created a segment on her hour of the "Today Show" called, Everyone Has a Story, and as cheesy as I think the segment is, she's right...everyone DOES have a story, so I felt compelled to tell this one.  Armed with nothing more than an active imagination and internet access, I set out on a mission to bring my little trailer back to life (the same way people approach restoring a house).  The people I've met along the way, from every nook and cranny of the country, have bent over backwards to help me, offered kind advice along the way, cheered me on and applauded my success.  In a time when the world seems like such an angry, dangerous place, it's encouraging to find people united in the love and admiration of something as simple as a little travel trailer.
THERE'S A STORY, OF A LOVELY TRAILER....
But you're just going to have to wait a little longer to hear it...April 15, 2013 to be exact, but head over to www.amazon.com and pre-order your copy TODAY!!! (search Serro Scotty)

Popular Posts