NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST ANYMORE!

HAPPY MONDAY, and what better way to kick off the week then with a fabulous drink!  Actually, I don't suggest drinking this in the morning, but as you prepare your breakfast today, set a few yummies aside to prepare this delicious treat for the end of the week (we all need something to look forward to, right?).  In my not-so-humble opinion, store bought flavored vodkas fall short of their over-hyped promises.  Raspberry vodka tastes like a strip club to me, vanilla vodka reminds me of those hideous tree-shaped car deodorizers and lemon infused..well, you just should've taken your lemons and made lemonade!  It's easier than you think to make unique, homemade flavored vodka from the things you already love to eat.  I love a fresh slice of cantaloupe in the morning, I adore the fresh scent of mint and it's no surprise I've been known to enjoy a little vodka at the end of a long day, so why not blend the three?  In one of the many cool jars I recycle (I often fill a few with lemons, limes and water for a fresh boost during the day) I've created my own rescue-from-work potion.
THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR:
In a clean jar or bottle with lid, mix 2 cups of diced cantaloupe, 4 mint sprigs and vodka.  Store in refrigerator for four days, shaking once a day.  Once infused, discard chunks and OH BOY get ready to enjoy!!

Popular Posts