THEIR JUNK, YOUR TREASURE

I love Saturdays because they often provide the perfect escape from reality.  Sometimes we take a drive through beautiful neighborhoods and fantasize about future homes, test drive cars we'll never own, visit a museum or antique store, or my favorite, stop at yard sales and rummage through other peoples junk!  Today I felt like I hit the garage sale jackpot when I found an old picture frame, two drawer pulls and a swath of cool fabric for $3!  I raced home and slapped a coat of fresh paint on the frame, attached the drawer pulls as handles and inserted the fabric under the glass frame.  These seemingly unrelated items found in a dusty garage in upstate New York now sit proudly on an ottoman in our house, where design magazines and vacation catalogues tease us of a life far, far away.

Popular Posts