CLEAR SAVINGS


One of my favorite things to do (and often most challenging) is to design a space to look like a million bucks without spending a fortune.  Give me $500,000 to spend on decorating a house, no problem, but ask me to do a similar space with $500, now that's a fun challenge! This week I helped a client with a simple request; make her loft apartment look like the pages of a design magazine using only the $500 bonus she received from work.  Her aesthetic is simple, clean and modern, but unfortunately those trends are quite pricey these days (because, well, they're trendy).  Her fantasy piece of furniture is a set of Louis Ghost Chairs (top photo), but at a price of $450/each at most design stores, her space would be very, very simple indeed if we went with that.  Instead, I popped on to overstock.com where I found a pair of acrylic chairs very similar to the ghost chairs without the scary price tag...$150 for TWO!  Now onto the rest of the apartment..tune in later to see how I do with this $500 challenge!

Popular Posts