UNO DE MAYO

I just realized I should rename by blog "From Dining to DRINKING" after my last few entries, but I promise to move away from the beverage aisle soon!  With spring, summer and outdoor parties on the brain, I can't help but think of creative ways to entertain outdoors and this week Cinco De Mayo celebrations help in welcoming summer with a bang!  In the United States the date is observed as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride while in Mexico (particularly in the state of Puebla), May 5th commemorates the Mexican Army's victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla and, contrary to popular belief, is not Mexico's Independence Day (that's in September).  But enough with the history lesson, today we're going to celebrate life with a delicious margarita (yes, I know, it's only May 1st but you only live once!).  While I love margaritas on the rocks, this blended mix by Bacardi is hard to beat.  I absolutely despise most store-bought mixes, but this mix will help you get your fix!  It's May, so hey, raise your glass and enjoy the day!
QUICK TIP: when celebrating responsibly (which means no driving), I like to double the recipe on the back of this can.  It calls for 1/2 a can of tequila, but I add a whole can and a little secret weapon...a bottle of dark beer for one helluvah cheer!

Popular Posts