Stick 'Em where the sun don't shine!


Last month I stumbled upon a blogger who was making fun of people who collect leaves for fall holiday decorations, and while I found his story amusing, I don't totally agree with him. Make fun of us if you will, but I love everything about the holiday season. Well, maybe I'm not crazy about the tacky blow-up snowmen and Santa's people place in their yards, but I give them kudos for making an effort! One of my favorite things about moving to the east coast from California is this month when the leaves change from rich green to vibrant reds, oranges and yellows. In LA palm trees don't change colors in the fall, so I swoop up every bit of this beauty that I can and try to savor it through the holidays. I'm sure Martha Stewart has figured out a way to harvest certain trees to produce the perfect color leaf this time of year, but I simply look down and pick up what I like. A quick trip to Michael's (or any place that sells craft products), I picked up a can of 3M spray adhesive, cleaned off my glass vases and sprayed my beautiful leaves into place. After trimming the bottoms, I've got a lovely fall/winter table scape that lasts and lasts. While you can use real candles (only use small tea lights as larger candles can cause a fire danger if not watched closely), I prefer to use my battery operated candles to leave the worries behind. So, make fun if you will, but I'll enjoy a good dinner by candle (and leaf) light tonight!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty minutes
COST: 3M adhesive is $5, glass vases at Michael's start at $1.99
STRESS LEVEL: Leafing the nonsense behind: LOW

Popular Posts