Don't sweat it!


Yesterday I came home with a truckload of pumpkins and gourds for decorating this fall, then I looked around and realized I'd forgotten item #2 on my to-do list from yesterday (#1 was to go food shopping, but the pumpkins one that battle!). #2 was "clean out closets and make room for more crap." My annual tradition of a fall clean out actually had the opposite outcome this year. Last winter was long and cold, which meant many nights by the fire eating yummy meals prepared by Joe. Those yummy meals added up and some of my favorite winter sweaters no longer fit. Instead of throwing them out in a fit of rage, I decided to repurpose them. Last year I made cool pillow covers out of vintage t-shirts for a fun summer look, so this year I thought I'd take some of my best looking, no longer wearables and turn them into fashionable dining room chair designs. These chairs had easily removable seats, so I took them off, removed the old fabric and cut a piece of the sweater that best modeled the cool design. By using a staple gun, I attached the fabric to the seats, flipped them over and enjoyed killing a few birds with one design; I cleaned out my closet, organized my new things and created a fun, whimsical look in my dining room for fall and winter.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty minutes
COST: Nothing by repurposing old sweaters into chair covers
STRESS LEVEL: Creating a new look for NOTHING: LOW

Popular Posts