Look at the bright side



I'm in search of cool, inexpensive lighting solutions for a property I'm working on with multiple structures, mostly barn-like in design and feel. So far my search is looking pretty grim, then I stumbled upon a great find as Joe was thumbing through his Grower's Supply magazine (everything for the garden lover from deer fencing to greenhouses). To my surprise, Growers Supply also has barn lighting at incredibly good prices. My first search this morning took me to the obvious places like Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn (because I need them quickly), where I found one style for $199 (pictured) and a very similar design at Growers Supply for $39.95!! With a little searching I can save this client a lot! (by the way, in the Growers supply version I would NOT use the same lightbulb and, for a darker more antique look, I would purchase a can of Rustoleum spray paint for $3.99 and darken it up a bit)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 3-4 days for shipping
COST: Overhead pendant light from Growerssupply.com is $39.95
STRESS LEVEL: Having a lightbulb moment that didn't cost a fortune: LOW

Popular Posts