Lightening


I was watching an episode of Bravo TV's "Million Dollar Decorator" last night and, once again, felt like throwing my glass at the TV. If I wasn't holding a vintage Jadeite tumbler, I probably would have tossed it at the screen. What annoyed me was the pompous way the designers maneuvered through their day, spending clients money as though they were playing a game of monopoly. $6,000 for a lamp? Yes, $6,000 for a lamp, and this designer snickered when he saw it and said, "that should do, and if it doesn't who cares, dahhhhling!" To calm myself down, I headed over to my back of tricks I picked up today at Ikea. Shopping for a client at a nearby antique store, I decided to pop into my favorite corner of Sweden (In Paramus, New Jersey) to escape the heat, grab a cup of Joe and cruise the aisles to see what's new. I stumbled upon these great lamps for a shocking $19.99! No batteries, no plugs, no light bulbs because these babies are solar powered! While I initially thought these would be perfect for my vintage camper, they're also the ideal weapon to have when battling summer thunderstorms. Next time the power goes out, your fun doesn't have to end! Just remember to pop out the solar panel, let it sit in the sun for twelve hours, and you'll be good to glow for up to 8 hours!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: No assembly required, just expose solar panel to sun for 12 hours
COST: 19.99 at Ikea or www.ikea.com
STRESS LEVEL: Having a lightbulb moment while watching dark, nasty designers: LOW

Popular Posts