Red Lobster


I'd like to think of my culinary self as someone who will eat just about anything. Tripe in Italy, done that (didn't mean to, of course!). Gefilte fish in Sweden, done that too! Crawdads in New Orleans, ohh yeah! Meatballs at Ikea, you better believe it. Living with someone who loves the fine art of cooking certainly helps broaden my palette. So, you will understand my shock when a month ago, while brainstorming where to eat on a Saturday night, Joe the cook extraordinaire suggested we head 35 miles north to Poughkeepsie, New York and dine at the lovely chain of Red Lobster. Humm. That, I can honestly say, is something I never thought Joe would ever suggest. Thankfully, however, I now can say I've eaten lobster in Poughkeepsie! Joe's birthday is today and I thought I would surprise him with a dinner at that same lovely establishment until our dear friend Diana showed up at our front door with one of the most unique gifts for this tough cookie. She brought us a meal of fresh Lobster, corn on the cob, watermelon for dessert and wine to drink it all down! Truly one of the most unique, thoughtful gifts I've seen. I figured I would steal this great idea for my future gift-giving closet for those on my list who seem to have everything, a meal is a great idea! If you aren't right around the corner from the gift receiver, places like Dean and Deluca (www.deandeluca.com) will ship cakes and complete meals anywhere in the United States and Canada. The personal touch, however, is hard to beat! I'd better sign off and get cracking!!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Because the lobster was already prepared, we just warmed it up and got cracking!
STRESS LEVEL: A meal delivered to your door with zero prep necessary: LOW

Popular Posts