An Apple a day


If you ask a kid today what they think about Apples most likely the response would be, "I love my ipad!" Now, don't get me wrong, I love my ipad too, but that isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think about these lovely, juicy, yummy pieces of fruit. As we approach the holiday weekend, I can't get my mind off of Apples. We live in the big apple, I love to eat apple pie (maybe I'll make that this weekend, only in individual ramekins so each guest feels special), I work on an apple, I talk on an apple, listen to music on an apple...you get the idea. Last night while sipping a martini I thought, humm, what would this taste like with a little slice of apple? While I love martinis and apples, I'm not crazy about appletinis (too sweet in my opinion), so for that subtle taste of WOW, I added a few slices of apple to our bottle of vodka (simply slice up an apple, I use Granny Smith, and drop them in a bottle of vodka and let sit for a few hours). After sitting for a few hours the taste is simply fantastic! This weekend while celebrating the fourth of July, bake an apple pie and follow my tini tip...a guaranteed hit!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Two hours
COST: Free
STRESS LEVEL: Chillin with a good apple: LOW

Popular Posts