ON SECOND THOUGHT


I'm all about mirrors lately, but I'm working in a home that needed updating in the bathrooms, so instead of draining the homeowners wallet, I gave each bath a minor facelift which, I believe, gave major results. This half bath on the main floor had not been touched since the home was built in 1994. The vanity was a single piece of laminated wood. The mirror was very similar to a dresser mirror, attached at the back, bulky and just not suitable for a half bath all of your guests will see. The other problem, as pointed out by several guests, the very dated floral wallpaper. So, I removed the wall paper and carefully disassembled the attached mirror (so not to destroy the vanity below, which could cost more than $1,000 to replace). I found cute sconces at a local lighting store for $45 for the pair, a cool mirror at Pier 1 in the sale section (when purchasing anything at a place like Pottery Barn, Pier 1, etc. off the floor, examine closely and if you find the tiniest defect, bring it to the attention of a manager. In this case, the glass and frame weren't compromised, but there were a few scratches on the frame I could easily fix, but ended up saving my client another 10%!) For less than $300, we took this 90's bath for a walk into 2011!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Two days
COST: Mirror was $145, Paint $36, Sconces $45
STRESS LEVEL: half a makeover for Full effect: LOW

Popular Posts