ROCK, SCISSORS, PAPER


This week, and yes it's only Tuesday, I've found myself between a rock and design hard place. Not only do I have a tight budget to stage a home, but the realtor and home owner want it on the market by May 1st. So, I put on my designer thinking cap last night and realized I'm a whole bag of contradictions. For example, I LOVE color but have a totally beige home, I tend to lean towards the more modern, simple design aesthetic yet our house looks like the set of Sanford & Sons, I hate design shows but can't get enough of them and, when asked, I usually tell people NOT to wallpaper a room EVER, but do it all the time. Tastes change as often as the weather and paint is much, much easier to alter. Wallpaper, if you've had it or tried to remove it, is a royal pain in the you-know-where. Until now. The home I am staging has a bland, yet very usable and necessary, half bath on the main floor. Ten foot ceilings and white and gold fixtures make you feel like you're relieving yourself at Donald Trumps palace in the sky. So, I thought nothing would make this room pop more than a roll of wallpaper. A quick click of my mouse took me to www.urbanoutfitters.com where I found this fabulous, hip REUSABLE, SELF-ADHESIVE wallpaper. No more praying the glue doesn't dry before you line up the pattern and cursing yourself a year later when your tastes change, this paper is designed specifically for people like me...people with design ADD, or changing tastes. They call it "Tempaper" because designers like me use it to stage homes, dress up rooms and, if the buyers love it they can keep it, if they hate it it peels right off with NOTHING left behind! Just before I purchased a roll on Urban Outfitters website (56 square feet for $78+tax and delivery) I popped on over to Amazon.com and searched for "self-adhesive aqua wallpaper) and this EXACT line pulled up for $56 and, on Amazon, I pay no shipping for two-day delivery! If you've followed my vintage trailer design (www.aquawithenvy.blogspot.com) I plan on using this same chic, retro design in the trailer to offset the aluminum ceiling. I don't care for wallpaper, but I LOVE this!
TIME TO COMPETE TASK: One hour to install complete, double roll
COST: on Urban Outfitters website, $78 but $56 on Amazon.com
STRESS LEVEL: Paper covers all the blemishes life left behind: LOW

Popular Posts