APPropriate


This weekend I dusted off my melamine dinnerware from its long winters nap. I took one look at it, remembered why I love it so much and just then a little lightbulb went off. Well, the light in our dining room above the table went out, so I headed back to the closet where my prized dishes had rested for six months to retrieve a new bulb, and it dawned on me. A funky client of mine in the city, as colorful as these dishes, asked me to paint her half bath "Brady Brunch Orange" and after leaving the blank stares of the employees in the paint department at Lowe's last week, I remembered an APP I came across a few months ago on my Smartphone. Before I get to that, I typically head to Lowe's for any paint selections that stray from the stripes of brand name colors, because they will match anything. Bring in your favorite bowl, ribbon, wallpaper sample, whatever color tickles your pickle, and Lowe's will match it. Well, until you request something like "Brady Bunch Orange" then they just look at you like you've escaped the institution. At any rate, when you want that perfect color for your project, download one of many APP's on your smartphone. The one I use most often is the Benjamin Moore paint finder you can download for FREE. After a few seconds, point your smartphone at a wall color you love, a bowl you think it fab or a beautiful dress you'd love to see on the walls of your boudoire, and before you blink your phone thinks up the perfect match. Even if it isn't a Benjamin Moore paint brand (which tend to be more expensive than other brands) the APP will suggest another brand, the closest location to your where it's sold and how much it costs. What's not to love about that? Next time, don't walk in and make a fool of yourself, play it cool and download the APP!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty seconds to download
COST: Free for many paint APPS
STRESS LEVEL: Coloring my life in an easy way: LOW

Popular Posts