POT DEAL


Little did I know from our well manicured yard in sunny Southern California, what a big deal it is to prepare for winter on the east coast. The list in our house is made in August and, oh yeah, is it a long one. Forget about the simple tasks of transitioning summer, cool sheets to flannel and down comforters. Putting away t-shirts and flip flops in exchange for sweaters and ugg boots. Adding anti-freeze to the lawn mowers and chainsaw?? Never mind wrapping the house in plastic to keep the cold winds out (picture living in a ziplock sandwich bag for seven months), and waxing the cars to prepare for salted roadways....oh, the list goes on and on and on. In the garden, mind you, pots must be turned upside down (since moving here, when I saw this backyard tradition, I simply thought it was a cool idea for outdoor seating...bless my heart). Only then did I realize how big our yard is...when I was handed the task of turning 75 pots upside down (usually revealing a lovely snake skin underneath, left like a summer tank top until summers' return). While huffing and puffing and making all of the mental lists in my mind of things I don't like about winter, I noticed how many beautiful pots we have, so I decided to haul a few in for the winter hibernation and give them new life.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Keeping good pot inside this winter: Looowwwwwwwwwww

Popular Posts