TRAY CHIC


Yesterday was a Sunday like any other. Brunch with friends, laundry, clean the house, buy groceries, contemplate returning food items after walking by Bed Bath & Beyond and spotting fifteen things I want in the window. That loud mouth financial bizatch on CNN with a man cut would scream at me, "PAUL...IS THAT A WANT OR NEED?" My response...I want it all but need to make more money, witch! So, I jumped in my car, groceries in hand and stuffed my mouth with gummy bears to ease the pain of no dough to shop mo'. When I got home I started to organize our tool pantry and noticed several half-empty cans of paint, random abandoned knobs for kitchen counters we never built and other knick knacks left for rodents to pause on, drop on and move on. So, I picked a few things up, dusted them off and created something (I think) is cooler than anything I saw in the store window. By adding a new coat of semi-gloss white paint to an old serving tray I created a clean, fresh look. Screwing the leftover kitchen cabinet knobs into the bottom as feet, made it a hip centerpiece for our drab coffee table. At the end of the day, you don't need moohla to create something to make you go oooo la la!!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty minutes
COST: Free. If you want to dress up an old tray, though, head to a home improvement store and pick up knobs for as low as $.50/each.
STRESS LEVEL: Raising the bar (tray) on simple design: LOW

Popular Posts