SHAKEN NOT SPENT


The thrust of my approach to most design projects is to create beautiful spaces without spending a horrific amount of money. At the end of the day you, too, deserve to kick your feet up in a comfortable, inviting environment that makes you as happy on your street as Donald Trump is in his suite. To accomplish this, I'm always hunting for ways to save so I can spend on things that really matter. Why buy an expensive headboard, for example, when you can take an old canvas found at a garage sale and cover it with cool fabric? Don't spend money on expensive salad dressing when you can make your own at home. Why pay full price when you can search the web, save money and find something just as nice? With this philosophy in mind...and the smell of the holidays in the air, I'm looking at everything I spend my money on everyday so I can save, save, save! If you share in my love of everything coffee it might be a bit difficult to stray from your favorite barista on the corner. But, as a dear penny-pinching friend shared with me this weekend, that favorite cold coffee beverage you spend $3.95 on a day can me made for FREE at home! Take your martini shaker, add ice and your favorite coffee, cream, etc. Shake shake shake and save save save for a rainy day!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: Free if done at home with your regular morning coffee
STRESS LEVEL: Cutting corners where you can to save: LOW

Popular Posts